Monday, March 1, 2010

Connor -- Day 3

Connor Jamison
3 days old
My Glo-Baby
My doctor came in to check on me this morning. He says that my incision is healing nicely and all else with me is going well. He also said that the NICU doctor told him last night that Connor would probably go home tonight or tomorrow. That cheered me up.
Then, I called the NICU this morning and was told that Connor had one setback at 7 am of his heart rate and oxygen levels dropping. And his bilirubin level was high. I was told it would be at least 48 hours before they would consider letting him come home. Tomorrow is my last day here. I have to be discharged tomorrow night. So, I was back to square 1 and upset about leaving my baby boy behind. I went to the NICU to see him and he was in the incubator under the phototherapy lights. I couldn't hold him except to feed him then he had to go right back in. It was so heartbreaking to me.........
I really hate the doctors in the NICU. They have NO interaction with the parents whatsoever. The nurses are really helpful and will tell you whatever was done that day or charted. But, what if I have a question that they can't answer? What then? Grrrrrr..................

1 comment:

Christina said...

Thanks for the update, Ive been thinking about you guys!!