Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I want to thank Laura O from Day By Day In Our World for presenting me this award!
This is what you need to do...Thank the person who gave the award to you, post the award on you blog or on a post, nominate 10 blogs which show great attitude/gratitude, link to the people you chose on your post, and comment on their blogs to tell them about the award! =:)
Here's who I am passing the award onto:
1) Michele at Bluigirl Biz
2) Cheryl at Because I'm the Mom, That's Why!
3) CajunRose at Homeschool Happenings
4) Tdrowlee at Our Busy Homeschool
5) Shari at Random Ramblings
6) Justakrazymom at Wayzley Academy
7) Homeschoolceo at Sweet Serendipity
8) Tiffiney at My Southern, Hippie, Married Mom of Four Life
9) Hope46 at Hope for Six
10) Sandy at Sandy's Space
Friday, January 23, 2009
I'm not doing the whole tag thing. If you post this about yourself, leave a comment so I can read yours.
25 Randoms About Crystal
1) I never dreamed of going into accounting. It was the page I flipped to and so I chose it. When I did all my personality assessments in my College Orientation class, my answers always came back to Accounting as one of the best majors for me. Guess something was telling what to do when I enrolled!
2) I do not trust very easily. If I give you my trust, don't blow it because you will never have it again. I won't eliminate you from my life, but I will never trust you 100% again.
3) My favorite toy as a child (and I was an 80's child) was Cabbage Patch Kids. I had 6 of them including 2 sets of "twins". Was it a glimpse into my future?
4) I used to be very active in 2 charities: March of Dimes (for my miscarried babies) and PanCan (Pancreatic Cancer Research in memory of my granddaddy). I miss it.
5) I love History. I could sit in a history class all day long and never be bored. When I was 10 I could tell you the chronological order of every Civil War Battle with general's names and casualties for each side. I have since forgotten this information!
6) When my first child was born, I did everything as I was told to. By the time #2 was 6 months old, I discovered I had a brain and capable of having my own thoughts. I am technically, by definition, classified as a "Crunchy Mama".
7) I was raised as a Washington Redskins fan. I always have been, until now..... Louisiana takes control over you and I am now a Saints fan. I still love the 'Skins though!
8) I love spicy food, which works out great considering I'm in Cajun Country!
9) I am 100% a computer geek. I taught myself everything I know on a computer. And if, you want the answer to something, I will find it!
10) I am a Republican. The only thing I will not agree with the republicans on is banning gay marriage. I believe they have just as much right to be miserable like the rest of us. Just kidding, about the miserable part. But, yes I believe they should have the same right to legally be called married as I do.
11) I find great fault in the Welfare system of this county. There are too many benefits abusers in the system and obviously nothing is being done about it!
12) I hate that the mother to my youngest nephew doesn't let me have contact with him. No matter what my brother does or says, I love that little boy and want to be in his life. I've already missed a year!
13) My favorite color is Pink! I LOVE PINK!
14) My dream is to one day have my house with palm trees in the yard.
15) I love to cook. I will cook all the time. I just hate cleaning it all up! I make up recipes, I collect recipes. I just love to cook! End of story.
16) I was anorexic/borderline bulimic in high school. By borderline, I mean I never made myself throw up; I just exercised my tail off. I starved myself for almost 4 years; eating little to nothing each day. I weighed anywhere from 80-90 pounds all 4 years. I weighed 85 the day we graduated in 1996; 90 when I got pregnant in 1997. I stayed that way until 2001. I'm not proud of it and I don't need criticism.
17) I can get lost anywhere! But I can always find my way back out, just don't ask me how I did it!
18) I have an above average IQ and graduated with honors, barely. I never applied myself in high school. One of my major regrets!
19) I believe everything happens for a reason, even if it hurts like hell! I've made mistakes, hurt myself, hurt other people, but in all honesty, if I change those mistakes then I change who I am today. And I don't want that.
20) I have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. My cabinets have to be a certain way. My drawers have to be organized a certain way. Clothes folded right. Dishes washed in a certain order. I will even eat my food in an order 90% of the time.
21) I have 7 piercings: 3 in each ear and my tongue. Want to get my navel done.
22) I was once a volunteer firefighter/EMT. I left when I became pregnant with my oldest twins (2005). Sometimes, I miss it.
23) I love the shows "Girls Next Door" and "Keeping Up with the Kardashians". Also like the show "Jon and Kate plus Eight". The Duggars annoy me so I rarely watch that. My favorite show is House though.
24) We all have a "celebrity crush". No matter how old we get. I don't know many people that don't. Mine is Jeremy Shockey, TE for the New Orleans Saints.
25) I have 2 items on my current wish list. Jeremy Shockey jersey's. One is from the Saints ($60) and the other was his college one ($190). I've been granted permission to buy the NFL one. Chris about passed out over the College one. LOL
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Crystina's Before (12/25/08):
Crystina's After (01/20/09):
Caitlyn (L) and Charlotte's (R) Before (01/01/09):
Caitlyn (L) and Charlotte's (R) After (01/19/09):
Monday, January 19, 2009
Again, better late than never! Here are my goals for 2009:
1) Already broke this one: Blog every day. So, I'm changing it today to Blog at least 3 times a week. Maybe that will work better for me. I have 4 blogs, so this will be easy or a challenge depending how I look at it. Blog at least 3 times a week no matter which blog or blog at least 3 times a week in EACH blog. Hmmmm........ Please be sure to check my other blogs out.
2) Stay on schedule, if not ahead with my schoolwork. Last semester I allowed myself to fall behind which really hurt me. So, now I plan to stay right on with the syllabus, even if the professor gives until the end of the semester to have quizzes and such done.
3) Another school related one - Pull my GPA up to a 2.5. It's possible but I have to stay focused in all of my classes!
4) Find more interesting ways to teach the girls. I so hate structured school (hence why i take online classes).
5) Get us all officially moved to Louisiana.
6) Meet Jeremy Shockey (of the New Orleans Saints). Haha....... Just kidding although it would be cool!
Also got me some Mardi Gras beads. And, no, not for the reason most people think. Sheesh...... We also got quizzed about the meaning of the colors. I got it right. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Gold = Power, Purple = Justice and Green = Faith
We also found out that Mardi Gras is a legal holiday in Louisiana where everything closes. Kinda boggled our poor Virginia minds!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Let's see 2008 in Review.........
Jan/Feb: I found out the truth about my mother and brother and realized they do not need a place in my life actively.
March/April: We went to Albuquerque, New Mexico for the 2008 USBC Nationals. We saw part of Route 66 and the Rio Grande. I saw a real-life Road Runner! It was also my very first plane ride.
May: Got my tongue pierced. Crystina turned 10!
June: Went to Roanoke, Virginia for the State Tournament
July: Celebrated the 4th of July at the Outer Banks, NC with Jonathan and Ashley. My nephew, Christian, turned 1 on the 7th. I turned 30 at the end of the month.
August: I started college again after 12 years. I'm majoring in Accounting. Later, I plan to pursue Corporate Law.
September: Went to the Air Show at Oceana Air Station. Got to see the Blue Angels from the runway. That was an awesome experience! Carolyn turned 6.
October: Well, we had the incident that we don't discuss with anyone but family. The babies turned 1. The big twins turned 3. Crystina was hospitalized with a kidney infection. Chris went back to work at McClain and Company. His first job was in Mount Airy, NC. For those that are not familiar with it, it is the hometown of actor Andy Griffith. It is also the town he modeled Mayberry after. We went there with him for a week. I didn't get to explore much and plan to go out there again when its warmer for another visit.
November: We visited Charleston, SC for a week. Then we took an extended trip to Washington, DC. Chris worked on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. We visited Fort Hunt, Fort Washington and the Penragon Memorial. Will be taking an extended trip back there as well as the kids and I didn't see all we wanted to.
December: We came to Louisiana, where I discovered I wanted to stay. We went back home for the holidays.
And, of course all the wild and crazy times with my BFF, Crystal#2!