Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

First, my thoughts on this "holiday". Ok, so Valentine's Day, in the West, is the traditional day on which lovers express their love for each other by sending Valentine's cards, presenting flowers, or offering confectionary. Okay, I don't do all that. And besides, why do I need someone to tell me that on this one day, I'm supposed to show love and devotion to my husband. Shouldn't I be doing that all year round? Plus, I HATE the element of surprise. I don't know why, but I hate it. I don't mind having attention showered on me, but I don't want you to surprise me with it. And I dislike real flowers. If you're going to give me something to symbolize your love for me, don't give me something that will die.

Ok, so on February 13th, dh got off work early. He came home and announced that I could go anywhere I wanted to. Well, I wanted to go to the Black and Gold Sports Shop in Metairie, LA to look for my white Jeremy Shockey jersey. Well, needless to say, I walked out of there with a whole lot more. I think it was a PJ set, white jersey, 6 other Saints shirts, a couple pair of PJ shorts, and a pair of Fleur-de-lis earrings. Then I went to Wal-Mart and got some new jeans, a new pair of pjs, and a pair of black pants. In all he spent $500 on me. I need to take a few things back and exchange them. I had grabbed 2 pairs of pants from the Saints store but they were the wrong size. I may exchange them for a pair of Saints crocs and a maybe some Saints scrunchies. LOL Pictures of all this stuff will be coming soon.

On February 14th, Chris surprised me with 3 balloons and candy (hence read the first paragraph). Then I dressed up, kinda, and we did a poker game with his co-worker. I drank a few drinks. Nothing major.

The balloons:
Photobucket

The candy:
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tara said...

I enjjoyed reading your post