Sunday, December 7, 2008

Back in Paradise....... Almost

Anyone who knows me, or at least has known me in the last 2 years, knows that my favorite place in the world is Corpus Christi, Texas. I love it there! The night we were supposed to leave there during our vacation in 2006, I cried so much that Chris agreed we could stay another night. And I still cried the night we actually left there. My dream is to get back there - to live. Although I know I cannot afford the houses there that I absolutely love, I just can't see myself living anywhere else but there. And, right now, I am 568 miles or 9 1/2 hours away from it! I got excited as I got near Biloxi, MS. I remembered driving there before and the way it smelled, looked, everything. I would love to be there again. Hopefully while I am here in Louisiana, I can get to Corpus Christi for a visit.

This is a picture I took from my hotel balcony in 2006. This is Corpus Christi Bay. Believe it or not, my hotel was a $60/night Super 8 and we had this awesome view!
Photobucket

As for Louisiana, I am in the most boring town in the whole state! There is nothing here and I mean NOTHING! I saw a lawn decorated for Christmas with a crab and shrimp. And a sign advertising ALLIGATOR SAUSAGE! WTF is that?? Never mind, I really do not want to know!

So, here's to hoping that I soon am back in paradise. Or what my version of paradise is........... Although, Louisiana wasn't that bad, until I got out of New Orleans and realized that my home for the next 3 months is in a swamp!

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Nice pic...Have not been to Texas yet..want to go one day...my favorite place for now is Savannah Georgia...went on our honeymoon...love it there...want to go back again one day! :)

Laura O in AK said...

From mid-4th grade until I went to college, I lived outside New Orleans. No swamps, although my godparents must have thought so. When I got marriend and they finally came to visit us there, they commented on how 'normal' it looked. Guess they expected some wood shack on the bayou with accessibility limited to boats.

At least this time of year the weather isn't too warm or muggy :o) Actually, I heard about SNOW in Slidell (where my parents still live) today.

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by on my blog...I'm just going back and reading all your entries.

Dying to know what end-of-earth Louisiana town you were in when you first got here :)