Saturday, December 12, 2009

Movie Review -- New Moon

Photobucket


** Please Note: I am discussing this movie, so if you have not seen it and don't want it ruined, please stop reading NOW! **

I love the Twilight series. I am quite unaware of why, but I do. The first movie was good. Could have been better, but overall it was good. I have always been one to enjoy the book way more than the movie. These were no exception. I admit, I cried when Edward left Bella in the woods. More than anything because in my opinion, how can anyone say those things to someone they said they loved. I really wanted to smack Bella when she jumped on the back of the motorcycle - with a stranger! And I'm guessing that when I read the book, that I really didn't like Jacob, so I skipped over the parts pertaining to him. But, when watching the movie, c'mon now - Bella knows she was leading Jacob on. Any guy would think he had a chance the way she was acting. Please..... I really need to get my books and re-read them to really examine these parts. I love that it ended with the marriage proposal cliff-hanger. I also loved how it alluded to what Bella's "gift" turns out to be (like Alice can see events, Edward can read minds, Jasper can control feelings) when/if (I'll add the if for those who have not read that far!) she becomes a Vampire. The setting in Italy was B-E-A-Utiful! Then again I love all Italian scenery. I have never been a Dakota Fanning fan, but she did fine as Jane, a member of the Volturi. I am looking forward to the rest of the movies.

Although, I enjoyed the movie, and will definitely be buying it when it's released, I do not think it lived up to the hype. The way everyone was talking and acting about this movie, I expected it to be far better than it was. Maybe it was just me, but I did not find it to be so wonderful for all that was said.

**Please Note: I received nothing for this review. I have never had contact with the books' author, the production company, any actors/actresses, etc. However, if they would like they can send me a really nice boxed set of books, both movies and tickets to Eclipse in June 2010 for my review. LOL **

1 comment:

VampLovinMomi said...

LMAO @ your Note at the end lol