Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pregnancy Week #27

Well, I am now 27 weeks pregnant with Connor. I have the usual pregnancy complaints -- heartburn, indigestion, constipation. Any advice for any of the listed problems will be greatly appreciated. Nothing works for me this time as it had in the past. I have been doing fine with the iron pills. The first day I got nauseous. The second day, I had minor throat irritation. After that, no side effects at all. Otherwise, I am doing just fine.

Since I really don't have much to report, here's what I found online:

Mother:
Around this time you will begin to really put on the weight, this will last until about week thirty-six. Although some cultures dictate otherwise, weight gained during pregnancy is not fat or unhealthy, but rather, necessary for a healthy pregnancy and baby.
The weight that you gain will be distributed in several places. The average breast before pregnancy weighs about 7 ounces and during pregnancy each breast can weigh up to an average of 14 ounces! Some of the weight will go to body fluids (amniotic fluid, blood volume, etc.).


Baby:
Your baby's skin is very wrinkled from floating in water. This will stay this way until a few weeks after birth as your newborn fills out into a baby. Although take heart in the fact that your baby's looks are assuming the looks that they will have at birth! Baby has also hit the 2 pound mark (900 grams).

** Connor was 1 lb, 10 ozs last week. I guess right around 2 lbs is right.**

Dad:
If mom is starting to complain about her weight remind her of the importance of weight gain in pregnancy for a health pregnancy. You should also help her by not tempting her with sweets and setting a good example yourself.
**I think he's sick of hearing me say I'm fat and then reassuring me that it's all baby.**


I am getting so eager to meet Mr. Connor.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Gettin close! Boys are so much fun. But, and I'm sure you've noticed this already- they are totally screwed in the clothing department.