Monday, December 7, 2009

Product Review -- Intelligender Baby Gender Test

Photobucket


*** Please note: I received nothing from this company. I have never communicated with any person associated with this company. This review is based upon a product that I purchased out of my pocket, and decided to review for others to read. ***


Over the last 11 years, I have been pregnant 9 times. I have walked away with 6 living children; not including the one I am currently pregnant with. The 5 babies I have lost are unknown to me as far as their sex; I can only guess. The 6 I have had are all girls. Yep, every last one of them. So, when I announced this pregnancy to people all the speculation began - "Is it another girl?" "Will we finally get a boy?" I had been nervous, anxious, wondered if my ultrasound would reveal another girl or the long awaited boy. I, of course, wanted a healthy baby above all else, but a boy would have been icing on the cake. A friend of mine mentioned the Intelligender Baby Gender Test. I was intrigued. I had never heard of this before. I immediately looked it up online and came across their site. According to this, I could take this simple urine test as early as 10 weeks and it would tell me my baby's gender. It seemed a tad pricey for me. $34.95 plus shipping if I ordered it on-line. Chris found it at our Wal-green's for $29.99. We discussed it for awhile. It said it had a 82% accuracy rate. Seemed a little low for the price. When I was 12 weeks along we decided to give it a try. So, we went to Wal-green's and purchased the test. I came home and took it. I couldn't believe it when the result came back as BOY! After 6 girls, I was supposed to believe I was having a boy? So, I sat down and read the entire insert that came with the test. It said "Please refrain from having unprotected intercourse 48 hours before testing." The website elaborated more with this: "Preliminary tests indicate that there may be a link between false boy results and recent sexual intimacy. We recommend refraining from such activity for at least 48 hours prior to taking the test." Ooops...... It had been only 24 hours. Crap! I assumed that my test was wrong because I had intercourse. So, naturally I didn't believe it. We discussed it again and decided that in 2 weeks, we would buy another test and not have intercourse for 2 days prior. We bought the second test, I took it, and again the result was BOY! I was still in disbelief. There was no way I could be having a boy! I kept seeing cute little boy clothes but refrained from buying them. Eight weeks later, I had my ultrasound. The tech assured me 100%, with no doubt, that I was in fact carrying a BOY! It was confirmed again a month later. I can officially say that I am in the 82% accuracy rate.

As far as the test itself, the directions were clear and easy to understand. The test was simple to take. I prefer the easy pee on a stick tests like I use for pregnancy, but this one was simple enough. Everything needed was provided. The color codes depicting girl or boy were easy to see and compare. This is definitely not something I would buy if I were really struggling for money. The accuracy rate is not really that high and you can still have false hope for a certain sex for 10 weeks. But, if you have the $30-40 to spend, then why not give it a whirl?

No comments: