Sunday, November 15, 2009

Looking Back -- October 10, 2007

Photobucket
Courtney and Cheyenne on October 14, 2007 when they were 4 days old.

I missed posting about the baby twins' 2nd birthday so I am sharing their birth story now. These were baby numbers 5 and 6 for us.

I had been having contractions since I was about 30 weeks. I began begging at 35 weeks to be induced and they kept refusing. I had a couple ultrasounds at maternal-fetal medicine and there was a difference in sizes, but not enough of one to warrant immediate induction. At 36.5 weeks, I finally convinced my doctor to induce me the following Wednesday. That put me at 37.5 weeks. I had made my preparations to go into the hospital that Wednesday morning -- packed my stuff, arranged for the sitter, etc. The Tuesday before, I was in the kitchen helping Tina finish up her science project when I felt a small trickle. I thought nothing of it because my water had to be broken with my last 2 pregnancies. I took a shower, got dressed and went to the bowling alley to watch Chris bowl. I had a trickle feeling all evening, but still kept quiet. As we were leaving the bowling alley, my water completely gushed out. I told Chris we needed to hurry and get my brother (the sitter) and get to the hospital. So, we picked him up, dropped him off with the other kids, and started going to the hospital. About halfway to the hospital, we got a flat tire. Luckily, we had some friends from the bowling alley that lived that way and they picked us up and carried us to the hospital. Once, upstairs they hooked me up to the machines and asked me if I wanted any pain medicine. I said no. They went and called the doctor and he said to wait and see where I progressed to alone. Prior to this, I had been dilated to 3 cm. I still was. So they monitored me overnight. On Wednesday morning, they went ahead and began inducement at my scheduled time since I had progressed no further. Later on in the morning, I asked for some pain medicine but no epidural. I slept off and on. Around 3 pm, the doctor came in and said since I had not progressed at all even with maximum inducement, that a c-section was the only option. I had been in full labor for 24 hours with no progression. Even though I didn't want a c-section, I really had no choice at this point. So, we agreed. They went ahead and prepped me and got me the epidural or whatever it is. I then went into the maternity OR for the c-section.

Cheyenne Elyzabeth was born at 4:06 pm weighing 7 lbs, 9 oz and was 20.2" long. Courtney Michelle was born at 4:07 pm weighing 5 lbs, 8 oz and was 19" long.

I had a rough time healing from the c-section. We went home when the twins were 4 days old. They had both dropped weight (Courtney even went below 5 lbs) and both were a tad jaundiced. By a week, they were back to birth weight or higher and the jaundice was gone.

Yes, Cheyenne was a chunky baby and she is still the biggest. In fact, she wears size 2T-3T while Courtney barely wears 12 months. They are still too loose on her waist, but she needs the length! LOL

The twins in 2008.
Photobucket

The twins in 2009.
Photobucket

A couple of pics that I fell in love with when they were little. They were about 4 months old in both of them.

Courtney and Cheyenne
Photobucket

Cheyenne and Courtney
Photobucket

Cheyenne with the cake:
Photobucket

Courtney with the cake (excuse the fact she doesn't have pants on. She won't keep them on!):
Photobucket

No comments: