Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thursday 13 -- 13 Holiday Foods I LOVE!

Photobucket
I was going to go the Thanksgiving route and write about 13 things I am thankful for. However, I just did "What I am Thankful For" for my 10 on Tuesday post (you can see that here). So, I am keeping the Thanksgiving theme but going in another direction.
13 Holiday Foods that I LOVE!
(This picture is not mine. I got it from the WWW. It does look absolutely delicious, though!)
Photobucket
1) Turkey - The main piece of any holiday dinner. I will only eat the breast meat though. And it has to be warm.
2) Mashed potatoes - Oh, I will fight you over my potatoes. I will stab your hand if you come near them. I love homemade mashed taters, made with milk and butter and a bit of sour cream. Sometimes I like the skin on, sometimes I prefer skin off. I'm just a potato type of gal.
3) Stuffing - I will not eat homemade stuffing. I will only eat Stove Top Stuffing. Hey, I never said I was normal. I'm an individual when it comes to my food.
4) Gravy - I prefer homemade, thank you. And it gets poured all over my turkey, potatoes and stuffing. So yummy!
5) Ham - No salt cured (which is what my maternal grandmother always had) and served warm.
6) Butterbeans - Prefer homegrown. Cooked with a ham hock..... (My mouth is watering)
7) Corn - Again, homegrown from the garden is preferred. Mixed in with my butterbeans.
8) Green Beans - Ok, I was raised in a farming family. My grandparents have always had a garden where we got our vegetables and froze/canned them for the year. I love green beans cooked with lots of black pepper and a ham hock.
9) Black Olives - Ok, maybe not a holiday food to everyone, but we have always had them on holidays. I love them! I usually ate them all waiting for the food to finish cooking. So, extra was always bought.
10) Apple Pie - Apple pie is like my favorite pie, well after Key Lime Pie. I love it when it's still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
11) Carrot Cake - Oh, gosh. I love this all the time.
12) Pumpkin Pie - Who doesn't love pumpkin pie (my mother also did a pumpkin roll, pictured below. Click here for the recipe).
Photobucket
13) Rolls - Doesn't matter the brand/type. Just gimme some rolls to soak the gravy up with!
***********************************


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!


Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

No comments: